Frequently Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation

What Is An Occupational Exposure Case?

An occupational exposure case may be filed when a worker suffers an illness, a disease or condition from a certain type of employment for a prolonged period. Repetitive stress injury due to continuous use of hand-held power tools is an occupational exposure case, for example.

What Is A Third-Party Liability Case?

A third-party liability case is a lawsuit against someone – other than the employer or co-employee – who caused an injury on a job site. There are many third-party liability personal injury claims arising from construction sites. Commercial vehicles on the job site or employment-related car accidents may also cause an injury to a worker for which a third-party liability claim may be filed.

How Long Will My Workers’ Compensation Case Last?

Your workers’ compensation case depends on the seriousness of your injury. Each case is individual that depends on the nature and seriousness of injury and length of treatment. It is important to work with an attorney as soon as your accident occurs to be sure you are on the right track to recovery both medically and financially.

What If I Have A Prior Condition Aggravated By A Work Injury?

If you have a prior condition, be upfront about your prior injury. Sometimes people hide a prior injury, thinking it could hurt their workers’ compensation claim. A prior condition does not hurt your case and could actually help your workers’ compensation case.

What If My Employer Is Disputing My Claim?

If your employer is disputing your workers’ compensation claim, do not accept their denial or their insurance company’s denial of your claim. Take control of your case. Contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer right away so that you can take control and get your case on the right track. If you have been denied benefits, do not wait on your employer’s next move, contact an attorney at once to file a formal claim for you.

How Much Does It Cost To Consult With A Workers’ Compensation Attorney?

At The Johnson Law Firm LLC in Freehold, we offer New Jersey residents consultations to review your workers’ compensation claim. We have over 70 years of combined experience in workers’ compensation cases. We will provide your case the attention you need to get the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Call our office at 732-333-8751 or email us to schedule a consultation.